What is SCSS/CSS?
SCSS is the updated version of Sass which prefers a CSS like syntax over indented syntax. SCSS stands for Sassy CSS.
SCSS is a CSS preprocessor which aids in the process of writing CSS saving valuable time and staying organized.
If you needed to change the color of h1, h2, & h3, you would have to make the changes manually which could become a headache.
SCSS is similar to CSS. The file would be named stylename.scss and once processed, it will create a new file called stylename.css
After SCSS Processing:
This would be the processed .CSS file.
I’ve only scratched the surface here for my own personal reference. I would recommend visiting leveluptuts.com for further explanation.
- Install Ruby http://rubyinstaller.org/
- Verify Ruby installed by opening Command Prompt (Windows Key+R, then type CMD) and typing ruby -v. If installed correctly a version number will be displayed.
- Next install Ruby Gems rubygems.org
- Verify Gem installed via Command Prompt gem -v
- Install SCSS sass-lang.com
- Verify SCSS installed via Command Prompt scss -v